geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject OSGi use case / scenario / prototype (?)
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:37:30 GMT
Rick,

I was thinking about things that we could do may be as a
prototype..One thing that stuck to my mind was the following scenario.

- little-G container with Equinox or Felix embedded a a GBean (?)
- Implement and register some OSGi services like LogService /
HttpService (redirect to our internal implementations)
- Enough OSGi support to get say Apache Sling running

Gives us some exposure to OSGi, starts us thinking about how people
put together OSGi based applications, reuse lot of stuff already out
there.

thanks,
dims