geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kevan Miller (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (GERONIMO-4222) Database pool unusable after database unavailable for awhile
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 02:08:44 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4222?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12623244#action_12623244
] 

Kevan Miller commented on GERONIMO-4222:
----------------------------------------

I tried to recreate this using the Roller plugin and MySQL (on 2.1.2). I drove DB connection
errors by stopping/restarting the MySQL server. The Connection Pool seemed to be working properly.
Driving an idle timeout was a little tricky because of DB activity that Roller initiates.
However, that too seemed to be working properly.

As Donald mentions, I believe this is probably a bug in geronimo-connector -- which has been
fixed. If you could test your environments with this code, it would be greatly appreciated.

> Database pool unusable after database unavailable for awhile
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: GERONIMO-4222
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4222
>             Project: Geronimo
>          Issue Type: Bug
>      Security Level: public(Regular issues) 
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.2
>         Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server v5.2
> WAS-CE v2.0.0.1, based on Geronimo v2.0.2
>            Reporter: David Frahm
>         Attachments: before and after wasce restart.txt, stacktrace.txt
>
>
> I have frequent trouble with my database pool to an AS/400.  The database is taken down
every night for backup, and at least once a week the connection pool is unusable after the
database comes back up.  Restarting the connection pool makes everything work again. 
> We are new to Geronimo/WAS-CE -- just this one app on one server -- so I don't have anything
to compare to.  However, we have had this same issue with a couple 1.x/1.1.x versions before
we upgraded to v2.  Also, there are several WebSphere (full WAS, not WAS-CE) apps that do
not have this trouble.
> Configuration Info
> Driver: JTOpen v6.1 (com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver)
> Pool Min Size: 0
> Pool Max Size: 100
> Blocking Timeout: 5000
> Idle Timeout: 15

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message