We might want to think about updating derby. I believe we skipped over updating to previous releases because of a bug. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3545 for details. The issue is fixed in both the 10.3.3.0 release and the 10.4.1.3 release. I haven't really looked at them, so I don't know much about new functionality, but our current derby version is over 2 years old. Any thoughts?
One more thing for 2.1.2 would be to upgrade to MyFaces 1.2.3. I helped them verify this via the Geronimo TCK so I don't anticipate any problems.
What other projects are at newer versions that we should consider picking up for a 2.1.2 release?
Joe Bohn wrote:
I agree that it would be nice to get a 2.1.2 release out soon. I've seen a number of duplicate JIRAs reported that are already fixed in 2.1.2-SNAPSHOT.
some more comments inline ...
Kevan Miller wrote:
+1 ... agree that it would be good to get a javamail release and pick it up in 2.1.2.
Not a whole lot of discussion, so far. I'm going to leave this open a while longer... Hoping we can see a few more opinions voiced.
To date, we have identified the following non-server related work items:
1) New JavaMail release to pick up the recent fixes -- I totally agree. Happy to see the cooperation between the Geronimo and James projects. Do we think we're at a reasonable point for a new JavaMail release?
2) GEP 2.1.2 that supports Eclipse Ganymede -- I'd like to see this also. However, I don't think this is a GEP discussion and need not occur prior to our server release discussion.Agree .. this doesn't really impact a server 2.1.2 release.
3) TranQL Oracle RAC connector -- would be nice to see. Do we have an expectation on when this could be provided?I expect this would be independent of a 2.1.2 server release.
4) Release DayTrader 2.1 -- I'd like to see this, also. Anybody willing to work on making this happen? I don't think that this is a hard requirement for a 2.1.2 release.
5) Samples -- We're currently discussing a release of our samples. I'd certainly expect that our samples will work on 2.1.2 and expect that we'll test and verify this.Hopefully this will be the case, but at the moment the samples are still tied to a specific server release. However, I think the samples issue can be handled independent of a 2.1.2 server release.
One additional fixes that I'd like to see:
GERONIMO-4131 Identifies an issue with our RA deployment. I think we should get this fixed.
There may be others. Will take a look at the Jira's.
Any Release Manager volunteers?
Since this is still fresh in my mind from 2.1.1 I would be willing to act as the Release Manager again for 2.1.2 if there are no other volunteers.