geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove samples myphonebook and mytime?
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:11:40 GMT
Joe,

I agree that users won't be annoyed by too many samples as long as
they are validated/updated.  So I agree if you already validated these
two samples, we can go ahead and release them for 2.1.2.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I don't think users have ever been annoyed because we provided too many
> samples.  However, I agree that if we keep them we must ensure that they are
> functional and documented.  Is there some issue with functionality/doc of
> the mytime or myphonebook samples?  If they are updated and functional
> (which I have validated that they are) then I think we should go ahead and
> release them.  If they do fall behind on a future release we can decide at
> that time if it is a better use of our time to remove them rather than
> update them.  However, for 2.1.2 I think the maintenance issue is a moot
> argument.

I don't have a strong opinion as to removing the 3 entities or 1
entities, and I don't know the histories of these samples either.   If
the samples are serving the exact functionality purpose, by removing
the duplicate one, we can save our time and energy to work on a new
sample that demonstrates a different functionality or something else.

Lin