geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: client accessing remote EJB -(OEJP 2.0)
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 07:04:06 GMT

On Jun 24, 2008, at 12:32 PM, dnsunil wrote:

> When accessing a remote EJB running on Websphere CE environment from a
> standalone client on Windows 2003 server  throwing the below exception
>
> Unknown Container Exception: java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot read the
> response from the server (OEJP/2.0) : null; nested exception is:
> java.io.EOFException
>
> Note:- File read/write process is being handled (approx 150 MB) and it
> failed after 4 hours of processing giving the above exception.

Just a follow up note.  In the latest trunk code this issue has been
completely fixed.  The client/server socket management code has been
rewritten and now gives several times the throughput as the prior
version.  In the 2.1 version remote client/server transactions per
second (TPS) starts at around 600-700 TPS and tapers off after a few
hours.  In the latest code we're seeing a sustained 7300 TPS over a 24
hr period.

-David