geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Documentation of new 2.2 features in current wiki?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:25:59 GMT

On Jul 29, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> I think it would be nicer to create pages with 2.2 specific content
> somewhere under http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/index.html for now.
> Once we have 2.2 documentation space setup we can move the pages
> around. Or at least I don't think we should mix 2.2 content with 2.1
> content.

OK, but who exactly is going to do all this wiki maintenance that you
are proposing?  I suggest mixing the docs because I don't think it
will be confusing with prominent enough labels and I don't think that
wiki maintenance is going to happen, no matter how many good
intentions people now have.  Furthermore I would much rather that
anyone with the knowledge to organize the documentation and interest
in working on it spend it on content rather than continual
reorganization.

thanks
david jencks