geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo trunk build failure with fresh OpenEjb trunk build
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:25:48 GMT

On Jul 16, 2008, at 11:10 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2008, at 10:43 AM, David Blevins wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, not true.  Any code that used the annotation
>>> deployer either directly or indirectly got the same error.  mejb,
>>> in fact, was the first place that got hit after I applied the two
>>> changes you recommended.  The direct references to the Singleton
>>> class were causing the issue.  After fixing mejb, it started to
>>> turn into a game of "whack-a-mole", so ended up doing a blanket
>>> add wherever the ejb 3.0 specs were used.
>>
>> That's so weird.  OpenEJB needs a lot more dependencies that for
>> some reason don't have to be declared in all those little modules.
>> We have to be missing something.
>
> This might also be a hack, but we could maybe add it to the plugins/
> openejb/geronimo-openejb/src/main/resources/META-INF/geronimo-
> dependency.xml and get it into the system that way.

geronimo-dependencies.xml seems to mostly confuse people and I thought
I'd eliminated all of them.  I think a better approach is to use the
maven dependencies in the geronimo plugin module.  We can now set up
the c-m-p to use transitive dependencies and maybe this would be a
good test case for how well we can make this work (so far it's only
used in the gshell plugins AFAIK)

Anyway geronimo-dependencies.xml is unknown to maven classloaders....
not sure exactly what the problems you are dealing with here are...

thanks
david jencks