geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Constructor injection
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 18:21:14 GMT

On Jul 1, 2008, at 7:25 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> You mean @java.beans.ConstructorProperties?

That's the one.  (memory was a bit stale)

> Also, why not create
> @org.apache.geronimo.xbean.ConstructorProperties or something like
> that and use that for constructor injection instead of relying on the
> debug info. It would also make the transition to
> @java.beans.ConstructorProperties easier in the future.

We could probably do something like that.  XBean does have the ability
for the parameter names to be feed to it, rather than getting them
magically.  So we could support something like this if we make a quick
check for the annotation ourselves.  We could probably make our own
copy of @java.beans.ConstructorProperties and put it in a new spec jar
for java 5 usage.

-David