geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Documentation of new 2.2 features in current wiki?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:52:16 GMT
I've been playing around with openid and jaspi and would like to write
up some documentation before I forget how it all works :-)

I don't think we have enough people interested in documentation to
pursue anything but the easiest-to-write path in documentation.  In
particular I think more than one active copy of the docs is asking for
disaster.

I'd like to suggest that feature documentation should generally start
with a "starting with version xxx" comment.  So, I'd put the openid/
jaspi documentation in the current (2.1) wiki with a "starting with
2.2" notice.  Obviously there's the problem that the wiki has the 2.1
version in its name. I don't know if a wiki can have its name changed
but don't regard this as critical.

I'm going to start doing this pending comments and better ideas.  At
the rate I write I don't think I'll be causing significant damage
before we have time for a full discussion :-)

thanks
david jencks