geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation of new 2.2 features in current wiki?
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 01:46:43 GMT

> On Jul 29, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
>
>> I think it would be nicer to create pages with 2.2 specific content
>> somewhere under http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/index.html for now.
>> Once we have 2.2 documentation space setup we can move the pages
>> around. Or at least I don't think we should mix 2.2 content with 2.1
>> content.
>
> OK, but who exactly is going to do all this wiki maintenance that
> you are proposing?  I suggest mixing the docs because I don't think
> it will be confusing with prominent enough labels and I don't think
> that wiki maintenance is going to happen, no matter how many good
> intentions people now have.  Furthermore I would much rather that
> anyone with the knowledge to organize the documentation and interest
> in working on it spend it on content rather than continual
> reorganization.

I agree with Jarek. I'd prefer that we keep 2.1 and 2.2 content
separated. We've still got G 1.1 users. I don't see how a
documentation super-set is going to be viable, in the long term. At
some point, the documentation would need to be separated. Better, I
think, to start out that way and keep things cleaner for 2.1 users.

--kevan