geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server branches/2.1.2 build failure
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:06:00 GMT
I get the same problem. I looked into it a bit but I'm not sure what's
going on exactly. Seems like a problem with car-maven-plugin or the
API it uses. The target/explicit-versions.properties file should have
a mapping for the jms jar but it doesn't for some reason. What's more
interesting is that AbstractCarMojo.getDependencies() does not return
the jms spec dependency but DependencyHelper.getManagedVersionMap()
(used in that function) does.

I wonder if building with maven 2.0.7 would work :)

Jarek

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Does anybody have any ideas on this problem?  It's driving me crazy and
> hindering our 2.1.2 release plans.  Has anybody else even tried to build
> branches/2.1.2?
>
> I'm not at all sure why geronimo-jms_1.1_spec//jar is considered a missing
> dependency for loading geronimo-gbean-deployer.  Both
> geronimo-gbean-deployer and the geronimo-jms_1.1_spec-1.1.1.jar are in my
> local maven repo.  Is telling me that we need a dependency from
> geronimo-gbean-deployer on either the geronimo-jms_1.1_spec jar or the
> jee-specs config?
>
> I'm also confused as to why this isn't an issue in branches/2.1.  AFAIK the
> only substantial difference between these 2 branches are the version changes
> (snapshot vs. non-snapshot).
>
> Joe
>
>
>
> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>
>> I went ahead and checked in the version change for 2.1.2 into
>> branches/2.1.2.   However, don't expect it to build just yet.
>>
>> Somehow I'm hitting an issue attempting to build and all I did in
>> branches/2.1.2 was change the version from 2.1.2-SNAPSHOT to 2.1.2 (I
>> think).   The build fails attempting to build
>> plugins/corba/openejb-corba-deployer.  Anybody have any ideas on what is
>> going on here and why a version change from 2.1.2-SNAPSHOT to 2.1.2 would
>> produce this problem?  I didn't hit any similar problems changing
>> branches/2.1 from 2.1.2-SNAPSHOT to 2.1.3-SNAPSHOT?
>>
>> If you want to recreate the failure you have to build bootstrap first: mvn
>> -Dstage=bootstrap
>>
>> After that building from the top level or subsequently from
>> plugins/corba/openejb-corba-deployer will produce the following error (this
>> one run with mvn -e -X).
>>
>> [DEBUG] Resolving artifact:
>> org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-jaxr_1.0_spec:jar:2.0.0
>> [ERROR] Could not load deployer configuration:
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1.2/car
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1.2/car: ADD
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1.2/car: READING
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1.2/car: SUCCEEDED
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1.2/car: RESOLVING
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1.2/car: SUCCEEDED
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/xmlbeans/2.1.2/car: ADD
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/xmlbeans/2.1.2/car: READING
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/xmlbeans/2.1.2/car: SUCCEEDED
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/xmlbeans/2.1.2/car: RESOLVING
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/xmlbeans/2.1.2/car: SUCCEEDED
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/2.1.2/car: ADD
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/2.1.2/car: READING
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/2.1.2/car: SUCCEEDED
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/2.1.2/car: RESOLVING
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/2.1.2/car: SUCCEEDED
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/plugin/2.1.2/car: ADD
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/plugin/2.1.2/car: READING
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/plugin/2.1.2/car: SUCCEEDED
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/plugin/2.1.2/car: RESOLVING
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/plugin/2.1.2/car: SUCCEEDED
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/rmi-naming/2.1.2/car: ADD
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/rmi-naming/2.1.2/car: READING
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/rmi-naming/2.1.2/car: SUCCEEDED
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/rmi-naming/2.1.2/car: RESOLVING
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/rmi-naming/2.1.2/car: SUCCEEDED
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/2.1.2/car: ADD
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/2.1.2/car: READING
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system/2.1.2/car: SUCCEEDED
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/jee-specs/2.1.2/car: ADD
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/jee-specs/2.1.2/car: READING
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/jee-specs/2.1.2/car: SUCCEEDED
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/jee-specs/2.1.2/car: RESOLVING
>> FINISHED
>>
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1.2/car failed
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:299)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:280)
>>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>    at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>    at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:832)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$fa7cbc24.loadConfiguration(<generated>)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.PackageMojo.buildPackage(PackageMojo.java:306)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.PackageMojo.doExecute(PackageMojo.java:228)
>>    at
>> org.codehaus.mojo.pluginsupport.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:122)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
>>    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
>>    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
>>    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)
>>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>    at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>    at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>    at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
>>    at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>>    at
>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
>>    at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
>> Caused by:
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException: Missing
>> dependency: org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-jms_1.1_spec//jar
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveInClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:116)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveInClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:109)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.resolveParentIds(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:501)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadDepthFirst(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:430)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadDepthFirst(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:437)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadDepthFirst(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:437)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadDepthFirst(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:437)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:296)
>>    ... 33 more
>> [INFO]
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>> [INFO]
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [INFO] org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1.2/car
>>
>> [INFO]
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [DEBUG] Trace
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException:
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1.2/car
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:583)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
>>    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
>>    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
>>    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)
>>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>    at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>    at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>    at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
>>    at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>>    at
>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
>>    at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
>> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException:
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1.2/car
>>    at
>> org.codehaus.mojo.pluginsupport.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:137)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
>>    ... 16 more
>> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException:
>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1.2/car
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationModel.start(ConfigurationModel.java:141)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:550)
>>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>    at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>    at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:832)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$fa7cbc24.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.PackageMojo.buildPackage(PackageMojo.java:312)
>>    at
>> org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.PackageMojo.doExecute(PackageMojo.java:228)
>>    at
>> org.codehaus.mojo.pluginsupport.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:122)
>>    ... 18 more
>> [INFO]
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [INFO] Total time: 28 seconds
>> [INFO] Finished at: Mon Jul 28 23:15:31 EDT 2008
>> [INFO] Final Memory: 48M/87M
>> [INFO]
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message