geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: branches/2.1 - 72 hour notice for 2.1.2 release processing
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 01:45:37 GMT

OK.  The vote for the 2.0.8 release is up:
http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Release-CXF-2.0.8-td18602257.html

Hopefully I can find some time this weekend to finish the vote and get  
it synced to central.  (assuming the vote passes)

Dan


On Jul 22, 2008, at 3:24 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

>
> Hi Dan,
>
> First, thanks again for your help with this!
>
> I think you can go ahead and start the CXF 2.0.8 release process.   
> I've still got some more tests to go ... but so far things are  
> looking good and most of the tests have completed.  If we do happen  
> to find a problem we'll discover it soon.
>
> Joe
>
>
> Daniel Kulp wrote:
>> Just FYI:  once we get validation that the snapshots fix the tck  
>> problems, I'm ready to roll the CXF 2.0.8 release.   I just need  
>> the go-ahead signal.
>> Dan
>> On Jul 22, 2008, at 11:05 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>>>
>>> The issue with the tck tests ended up being a bug in cxf 2.0.6.   
>>> CXF has a fix that is currently included in 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT.  If we  
>>> give them the green light they will push a release soon.
>>>
>>> At this point I'm trying to decide the best course of action.  If  
>>> you have an opinion please speak up:
>>>
>>> 1)  Delay a 2.1.2 release until we verify CXF 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT with  
>>> the tck and get a CXF 2.0.8 release
>>> 2)  Revert back to cxf 2.0.2-incubator that we shipped with in  
>>> Geronimo 2.1.1
>>> 3)  Revert to CXF 2.0.5 which should work and not have the problem  
>>> that just discovered.  We would have to verify this.
>>>
>>>
>>> I'm currently building new images to verify cxf 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT for  
>>> #1. At the moment I'm thinking this is our best option.  If there  
>>> are problems I'll attempt #3.  #2 would be the quickest path to a  
>>> release but IMO is the least desirable.
>>>
>>> Joe
>>>
>>>
>>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> I know it's a little bit more than the usual 24 hours but since  
>>>>> a weekend is involved I figured I'd give a bit more advanced  
>>>>> notice so that nobody is caught unaware.
>>>>>
>>>>> As we've previously discussed, I plan to create a branch for  
>>>>> 2.1.2 release processing on Monday, 7/21 around 10:00 ET.
>>>>>
>>>>> Joe
>>>>>
>>>> FYI ... I'm stalling a little on the branch.  A potential issue  
>>>> has arisen with TCK and I'm waiting until we understand it a  
>>>> little better prior to branching.
>>>> Joe
>>>
>> ---
>> Daniel Kulp
>> dkulp@apache.org
>> http://www.dankulp.com/blog
>

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog





Mime
View raw message