geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Another samples issue ... how much does a user have to build?
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:54:29 GMT
Lin Sun wrote:
> I thought of converting this to a maven plugin today, but Joe, do you
> think this will still be an issue after we release the sample and
> publish the buildutil to a public maven repo?

I don't think this will be an issue for the 2.1.2 samples once we have
them published.  It will continue to be an issue for any samples that
are currently under development (SNAPSHOTs).  For snapshots I think it
is reasonable to expect the user to build from the top level first.

I'm not sure if creating a maven plugin will improve things much.  This
plugin would still have to be built and released via some mechanism.  If
it ends up being similar to the car-maven-plugin on the server a
bootstrap or something similar would be required prior to building an
individual sample.  From a user perspective, I don't see that being much
different than what we have now.

Joe