geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: JIRA versions 2.0.x & 2.1.x
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:04:20 GMT
Donald Woods wrote:
> Thought these were to be used to keep everything out of a generic Future
> bucket, but it has never worked, so +1 to removing them.
>
> BTW - Shouldn't the Fix Version field remain blank until someone either
> starts working on the issue or code is integrated into svn?

I think there are different opinions on the Fix Version field.  We've
been using it in the past to "target" fixes for a particular release
before a JIRA is resolved.  I guess my opinion would be to leave it
blank until there is some reason to mark for a perspective release.
When the issue is eventually resolved it should be updated to reflect
the actual version(s) that will include the fix once released.

Joe