geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject JIRA versions 2.0.x & 2.1.x
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:43:19 GMT
What is the value of JIRA versions 2.0.x and 2.1.x?  Having these makes
it difficult to track changes per release.  For example, when a JIRA is
resolved in branches/2.1 intended for a 2.1.2 release - we should mark
the JIRA as fixed in the not-yet-released 2.1.2.  However, it is all too
easy to choose 2.1.x instead of 2.1.2.  The problem is that 2.1.x JIRAs
won't show up in reports we generate for release notes for 2.1.2.

I'd like to remove the *.x versions from our JIRA project so that people
will be encouraged to include the specific version as the fix version.
I'll work through the JIRAs and cleanup references prior to removal (I
have to do this anyway for 2.1.2).

Any objections?

Joe