geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Plugin download fails from http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:55:56 GMT

Ashish,

It looks like you are trying to install a plugin into the framework
assembly.  Which plugin are you trying to install?

There are several issues at play here.

1) dependencies with a version such as 6.0.14-G614585 (ie. anything
xx.xx.xx-Gxxxxxx) is a geronimo specific dependency.  These are items
for which we perform a private build and check the resultant image into
our svn under /repository.

2) Normally, these dependencies are already included in the server
image.  For example, every assembly (with the exception of framework)
already includes jasper jar that you reference below.  The jasper jar
itself should be included in the geronimo jasper plugin
(org.apache.geronimo.configs/jasper//car) and should be added to the
framework repository when that plugin is installed.

3) Any other plugin with a dependency on jasper should have a dependency
on the jasper car.

4) There is no public repository that contains these jars but as
mentioned above for a running server they should be installed via the
appropriate car.

Joe