geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: branches/2.1 - 72 hour notice for 2.1.2 release processing
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:24:39 GMT

Hi Dan,

First, thanks again for your help with this!

I think you can go ahead and start the CXF 2.0.8 release process.  I've 
still got some more tests to go ... but so far things are looking good 
and most of the tests have completed.  If we do happen to find a problem 
we'll discover it soon.

Joe


Daniel Kulp wrote:
> 
> 
> Just FYI:  once we get validation that the snapshots fix the tck 
> problems, I'm ready to roll the CXF 2.0.8 release.   I just need the 
> go-ahead signal.
> 
> Dan
> 
> 
> On Jul 22, 2008, at 11:05 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
> 
>>
>> The issue with the tck tests ended up being a bug in cxf 2.0.6.  CXF 
>> has a fix that is currently included in 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT.  If we give 
>> them the green light they will push a release soon.
>>
>> At this point I'm trying to decide the best course of action.  If you 
>> have an opinion please speak up:
>>
>> 1)  Delay a 2.1.2 release until we verify CXF 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT with the 
>> tck and get a CXF 2.0.8 release
>> 2)  Revert back to cxf 2.0.2-incubator that we shipped with in 
>> Geronimo 2.1.1
>> 3)  Revert to CXF 2.0.5 which should work and not have the problem 
>> that just discovered.  We would have to verify this.
>>
>>
>> I'm currently building new images to verify cxf 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT for #1. 
>> At the moment I'm thinking this is our best option.  If there are 
>> problems I'll attempt #3.  #2 would be the quickest path to a release 
>> but IMO is the least desirable.
>>
>> Joe
>>
>>
>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>>>
>>>> I know it's a little bit more than the usual 24 hours but since a 
>>>> weekend is involved I figured I'd give a bit more advanced notice so 
>>>> that nobody is caught unaware.
>>>>
>>>> As we've previously discussed, I plan to create a branch for 2.1.2 
>>>> release processing on Monday, 7/21 around 10:00 ET.
>>>>
>>>> Joe
>>>>
>>> FYI ... I'm stalling a little on the branch.  A potential issue has 
>>> arisen with TCK and I'm waiting until we understand it a little 
>>> better prior to branching.
>>> Joe
>>
> 
> ---
> Daniel Kulp
> dkulp@apache.org
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message