geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jay D. McHugh" <jaydmch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: branches/2.1 - 72 hour notice for 2.1.2 release processing
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:34:31 GMT
Joe Bohn wrote:
> Jason Warner wrote:
>> I'm inclined to agree also, but I'm wondering how long of a delay we'd 
>> be looking at.  A weekish?
> 
> It will probably be close to a week from our original target which was 
> yesterday.  If everything works like clockwork we could branch as soon 
> as Friday.
> 
> Joe
> 
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com 
>> <mailto:kevan.miller@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>     On Jul 22, 2008, at 11:05 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>>
>>
>>         The issue with the tck tests ended up being a bug in cxf 2.0.6.
>>         <http://2.0.6.>  CXF has a fix that is currently included in
>>         2.0.8-SNAPSHOT.  If we give them the green light they will push
>>         a release soon.
>>
>>         At this point I'm trying to decide the best course of action.
>>          If you have an opinion please speak up:
>>
>>         1)  Delay a 2.1.2 release until we verify CXF 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT
>>         with the tck and get a CXF 2.0.8 release
>>         2)  Revert back to cxf 2.0.2-incubator that we shipped with in
>>         Geronimo 2.1.1
>>         3)  Revert to CXF 2.0.5 which should work and not have the
>>         problem that just discovered.  We would have to verify this.
>>
>>
>>         I'm currently building new images to verify cxf 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT
>>         for #1. At the moment I'm thinking this is our best option.  If
>>         there are problems I'll attempt #3.  #2 would be the quickest
>>         path to a release but IMO is the least desirable.
>>
>>
>>     I agree.
>>
>>     --kevan
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> ~Jason Warner
> 
+1 to moving forward - especially since it sounds like they are so close.

Jay

Mime
View raw message