geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: branches/2.1 - 72 hour notice for 2.1.2 release processing
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:05:46 GMT

The issue with the tck tests ended up being a bug in cxf 2.0.6.  CXF has
a fix that is currently included in 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT.  If we give them the
green light they will push a release soon.

At this point I'm trying to decide the best course of action.  If you
have an opinion please speak up:

1)  Delay a 2.1.2 release until we verify CXF 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT with the
tck and get a CXF 2.0.8 release
2)  Revert back to cxf 2.0.2-incubator that we shipped with in Geronimo
2.1.1
3)  Revert to CXF 2.0.5 which should work and not have the problem that
just discovered.  We would have to verify this.

I'm currently building new images to verify cxf 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT for #1.
At the moment I'm thinking this is our best option.  If there are
problems I'll attempt #3.  #2 would be the quickest path to a release
but IMO is the least desirable.

Joe