geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Samples for 2.1.2
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:32:10 GMT

We already decided to release samples for the upcoming Geronimo 2.1.2
server rather than attempting to release samples for Geronimo 2.1 and
figure out how to make them work on 2.1.1 and 2.1.2.

So, the next question is when should we release the samples for 2.1.2?

My thoughts were to try to get these released a few weeks after our
Geronimo 2.1.2 release.  However, I've heard some comments that we
should consider releasing the Samples for 2.1.2 concurrent with the
server 2.1.2 release.  This would most likely mean that we would have to
delay our target for a 2.1.2 release beyond the end of the month.

Regarding sample items that must be completed before we can release ...
there are still a number of things ... general cleanup and validation,
doc updates, verified functions, archetype, etc...  There are also a few
more decisions regarding how users would work with the samples that will
influence how we structure things (more coming on that soon).  You can
find a more detailed list on this wiki page:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-samples-212-release-work-items.html

Joe