geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo trunk build failure with fresh OpenEjb trunk build
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:39:41 GMT
David Blevins wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2008, at 10:55 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>
>> I just committed this change.  It doesn't look like this is causing
>> any tck issues.
>
> Guessing a lot of those places you added the 3.1 api were more or less
> "just in case".  You definitely shouldn't need it in any modules that
> don't directly use the new ejb 3.1 API (thinking of the test suite and
> mejb).
Unfortunately, not true.  Any code that used the annotation deployer
either directly or indirectly got the same error.  mejb, in fact, was
the first place that got hit after I applied the two changes you
recommended.  The direct references to the Singleton class were causing
the issue.  After fixing mejb, it started to turn into a game of
"whack-a-mole", so ended up doing a blanket add wherever the ejb 3.0
specs were used.

Rick