geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo trunk build failure with fresh OpenEjb trunk build
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:40:28 GMT

Rick McGuire wrote:
> David Blevins wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 10, 2008, at 1:17 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>>
>>> If I build Geronimo trunk using the latest OpenEjb snapshots
>>> (published around 6/27-28) things build fine.  However, if I grab
>>> OpenEjb trunk and build it locally (to get the latest image) I get
>>> build failures (NoClassDefFoundError) in the Geronimo MEJB config.  I
>>> suspect we need to make some changes to accommodate the Singleton
>>> Session Beans implementation.  Is this complete yet and is anybody
>>> looking into the necessary Geronimo changes?
>>
>> We'd need to get this dep in the right place if we wanted to keep
>> using OpenEJB trunk:
>>
>>     <dependency>
>>       <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
>>       <artifactId>ejb31-api-experimental</artifactId>
>>       <version>${openejbVersion}</version>
>>     </dependency>
>>
>> These two poms seem to be the only places where the ejb 3.0 spec jar
>> is used:
>>
>>  ./framework/configs/jee-specs/pom.xml
>>  ./framework/modules/geronimo-j2ee/pom.xml
>>
>> I'm fine giving it a shot if no one objects to being dependent on a
>> non-final spec jar.  We might try it out and see if the tck complains
>> at least.
> I needed to do this to get a clean build using the latest, and it's a
> lot more than just those two poms that needed updating.  I'm going to
> try doing some tck runs to see how things look.
>
> Rick

Hi Rick,  Is this at a point where you can check it in?  Everybody is
hitting the trunk build break now that new openejb snapshots have been
published.

Thanks,
Joe

>> -David

>>> [INFO] Building Geronimo Plugins, MEJB :: Config
>>> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
>>> [INFO] [resources:resources]
>>> [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
>>> [INFO] [car:validate-configuration]
>>> [INFO] [car:prepare-plan]
>>> [INFO] Generated:
>>> /home/jbohn/geronimo/plugins/mejb/mejb/target/resources/META-INF/plan.xml
>>>
>>> [INFO] [car:package]
>>> [INFO] Packaging module configuration:
>>> /home/jbohn/geronimo/plugins/mejb/mejb/target/resources/META-INF/plan.xml
>>>
>>> [INFO] Started deployer:
>>> org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
>>> [INFO] Started deployer:
>>> org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
>>> 14:13:36,387 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default Stateless
>>> Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default Stateless Cont
>>> ainer)
>>> 14:13:36,392 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default Stateful
>>> Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default Stateful Contai
>>> ner)
>>> 14:13:36,393 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default BMP
>>> Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default BMP Container)
>>> 14:13:36,394 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default CMP
>>> Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default CMP Container)
>>> 14:13:36,402 INFO  [config] Configuring enterprise application:
>>> org.apache.geronimo.configs/mejb/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
>>> [ERROR] Deployment failed due to
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/Singleton
>>> org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer$DiscoverAnnotatedBeans.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:339)