geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Removing specific sample references on the Welcome Page?
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:19:39 GMT

Things might not be as bad as I thought.  Once I changed the artifact
names to match the current names I was able to install the jsp & servlet
examples from my local repo.  I still had issues with the LDAP sample.

The next thing to try was removing the samples from my local repo to see
if it would find them elsewhere.  This failed - looking into what repos
it checks now (I see in the code that we should be pulling in the
default repo as well as the ibiblio).  I would have expected it to find
the samples in the default repo for the release.

I still wonder if we should single out these samples on the welcome
page.  The LDAP sample is an especially strange one to highlight here.
At the very least we should remove that one even if we decide to keep
the servlet and jsp examples there.

Joe