geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1.2 plans
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:49:03 GMT
Based upon feedback here, via IRC, and otherwise, I have updated the
wiki for 2.1.2 to refine the list of required and optional items.  At
the moment the only required items are:

- Javamail spec & providers 1.5
- Geronimo-4175 - Already completed for 2.1.2
- Samples for 2.1 (or 2.1.1) capable of running on 2.1.2.  We still need
to decide how we will accomplish this and if the Samples must be
released prior to a 2.1.2 Server release.  It is possible to release
Server 2.1.2 where the Samples 2.1 (2.1-SNAPSHOT with dependencies on
Server 2.1 components) can be installed on 2.1.2 even if the samples
themselves are not yet released.

I have marked all optional JIRAs with a "fix for" 2.1.2 so that there is
some indication in the JIRA that this is desired.  Those JIRAs in the
optional list will be moved to 2.1.x if they are not yet resolved as we
lock down the release (when we create the branch).

The wiki is here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-212-release-plan.html

Joe