geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject version compatibility plugin?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:46:36 GMT
I attempted to create a version compatibility plugin such that plugins
with dependencies on 2.1 artifacts could attempt to be installed in a
2.2-SNAPSHOT server image (mapping 2.1 car artifacts to 2.2-SNAPSHOT car
artifacts).  However, thus far I'm not having any success.

The plugin is fairly simple.  Just a bunch of entries for artifact
aliases and no other content:

<plugin-artifact>
<artifact-alias
key="org.apache.geronimo.configs/jasper//car">org.apache.geronimo.configs/jasper/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car</artifact-alias>
<artifact-alias
key="org.apache.geronimo.configs/jasper/2.1/car">org.apache.geronimo.configs/jasper/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car</artifact-alias>

I also verified that after installing the compatibility plugin that the
entries are added to the artifact-aliases.properties file in var/config:

org.apache.geronimo.configs/jasper//car=org.apache.geronimo.configs/jasper/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/jasper/2.1/car=org.apache.geronimo.configs/jasper/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car

Yet, even with these entries, I still get essentially the same error
attempting to install samples created for 2.1 in a 2.2-SNAPSHOT server
as I had without the artifact-alias entries.  I showed the jasper
entries above because that is the missing dependency when I attempt to
install the Tomcat JSP example plugin created for 2.1 on 2.2-SNAPSHOT
(see error below).  I had similar results on a 2.1.1 server when I
attempted to use a another compatibility plugin mapping 2.1 cars to
2.1.1.  Am I missing something obvious?

11:22:45,918 ERROR [PluginInstallerGBean] Unable to install plugin
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException: Plugin
is not installable on Geronimo 2.2-SNAPSHOT
Missing dependency: org.apache.geronimo.configs/jasper/2.1/car
	at
org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.PluginInstallerGBean.validatePlugin(PluginInstallerGBean.java:920)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.PluginInstallerGBean.downloadArtifact(PluginInstallerGBean.java:1081)

Joe