geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Sainath Chowdary" <sainathdre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GEP should link deployment plan and deployment descriptor
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:40:24 GMT
Hi,

I completed the part of obtaining metadata complete information from
Deployment Descriptors of Web Projects. I have attached a patch to the
following JIRA for the same.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-441

The new deployment descriptor classes are designed in such a way that it can
be easily extended for other types of deployment descriptors.
"AbstractDeploymentDescriptor" which is the parent for all other types
stores the metadata complete descriptor as "Object" type.
As J2EE and JavaEE webapp's are two totally complete unrelated classes
(atleast according to eclipse jst implementation), I created a interface in
our case "WebDeploymentDescriptor" which will be implemented by both J2EE
and JavaEE descriptor. So,Our future classes for EJBs can extend
AbstractDeploymentDescriptor and implement a EjbDeploymentDescriptor which
would be common for both J2EE and JavaEE EJB types.

Also a utility class is created which returns the abstract deployment
descriptor object properly initialized based on the type of project. Any
feedback or comments?