geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Download and Install in Geronimo Eclipse Plugin
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:02:52 GMT
That is an interesting article.  It seems to have come out when
features were new, but still has good explanatory material.  GEP has
several features, site.xml and updatesite.zip built by maven, and an
update site.  In my view, the question is do we have features for 2.1,
2.1.1 and 2.1.2 versions of Geronimo, or do we stick with v2.1 being
the latest version, and implement a new screen that would determine
all the instances of 2.1, along with the size and license of each?
Using features would be easier in terms of replicating what we have
now.  With our own screen, we could (should be able to) determine
license and size dynamically for each version.  GERONIMODEVTOOLS-416
could be done initially to get a screen in that displays licenses and
allows for click thru.  This could be used with the current approach,
and the feature approach.  For the doing our own screen approach, this
would/could be a first step.

Ted