geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject more exposure for LICENSE and NOTICE files?
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:28:45 GMT
>From our server release download pages, I see no reference to the
license under which the server is released.  There is a link to
release notes, but it does not mention the information either.  The
legal information is collected in the LICENSE and NOTICE files.
Shouldn't we provide some link to it?  I would particularly like to
see these files in http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/2.1.1/.

I've been doing a lot of work lately on these files so they get
displayed properly in GEP.  Eclipse, particularly the Update Manager,
has many facilities for displaying this information.  If these files
were on the web site, it would make things easier in GEP, especially
for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-416 Add
click-through license screen to Download and Install path.

Ted Kirby