geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: the create geronimo plugin portlet
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:40:28 GMT

On Jul 30, 2008, at 11:15 AM, Lin Sun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about this portlet.  On this portlet, we gave users
> the following instruction -
>
> The configuration will be saved as a CAR file to your local
> filesystem. Note: at present, you must manually add a
> META-INF/geronimo-plugin.xml file to the CAR after you export it in
> order for it to be a valid plugin.
>
> Is that not accurate?  I tried to export the daytrader-tomcat car
> module as a plugin and it seems to generate the geronimo-plugin.xml
> file ok.  If this is incorrect, I'd like to delete the sentence after
> "Note:".

I think there's some opportunity to edit geronimo-plugin.xml files
somewhere in the plugin portlet but I didn't think we actually
generated one by default.... could be wrong.

Did you install daytrader-tomcat as an app or using the plugins from
the daytrader build?  If you installed it as an app evidently we are
generating some kind of geronimo-plugin.xml... we should figure out
and document exactly what (as well as fixing the wording as you
suggest).

thanks
david jencks