geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: branches/2.1 - 72 hour notice for 2.1.2 release processing
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:51:15 GMT


Just FYI:  once we get validation that the snapshots fix the tck  
problems, I'm ready to roll the CXF 2.0.8 release.   I just need the  
go-ahead signal.

Dan


On Jul 22, 2008, at 11:05 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

>
> The issue with the tck tests ended up being a bug in cxf 2.0.6.  CXF  
> has a fix that is currently included in 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT.  If we give  
> them the green light they will push a release soon.
>
> At this point I'm trying to decide the best course of action.  If  
> you have an opinion please speak up:
>
> 1)  Delay a 2.1.2 release until we verify CXF 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT with  
> the tck and get a CXF 2.0.8 release
> 2)  Revert back to cxf 2.0.2-incubator that we shipped with in  
> Geronimo 2.1.1
> 3)  Revert to CXF 2.0.5 which should work and not have the problem  
> that just discovered.  We would have to verify this.
>
>
> I'm currently building new images to verify cxf 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT for  
> #1. At the moment I'm thinking this is our best option.  If there  
> are problems I'll attempt #3.  #2 would be the quickest path to a  
> release but IMO is the least desirable.
>
> Joe
>
>
> Joe Bohn wrote:
>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>>
>>> I know it's a little bit more than the usual 24 hours but since a  
>>> weekend is involved I figured I'd give a bit more advanced notice  
>>> so that nobody is caught unaware.
>>>
>>> As we've previously discussed, I plan to create a branch for 2.1.2  
>>> release processing on Monday, 7/21 around 10:00 ET.
>>>
>>> Joe
>>>
>> FYI ... I'm stalling a little on the branch.  A potential issue has  
>> arisen with TCK and I'm waiting until we understand it a little  
>> better prior to branching.
>> Joe
>

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog





Mime
View raw message