geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo trunk build failure with fresh OpenEjb trunk build
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 00:43:26 GMT

On Jul 10, 2008, at 1:17 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> If I build Geronimo trunk using the latest OpenEjb snapshots
> (published around 6/27-28) things build fine.  However, if I grab
> OpenEjb trunk and build it locally (to get the latest image) I get
> build failures (NoClassDefFoundError) in the Geronimo MEJB config.
> I suspect we need to make some changes to accommodate the Singleton
> Session Beans implementation.  Is this complete yet and is anybody
> looking into the necessary Geronimo changes?

We'd need to get this dep in the right place if we wanted to keep
using OpenEJB trunk:

     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
       <artifactId>ejb31-api-experimental</artifactId>
       <version>${openejbVersion}</version>
     </dependency>

These two poms seem to be the only places where the ejb 3.0 spec jar
is used:

  ./framework/configs/jee-specs/pom.xml
  ./framework/modules/geronimo-j2ee/pom.xml

I'm fine giving it a shot if no one objects to being dependent on a
non-final spec jar.  We might try it out and see if the tck complains
at least.

-David