geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From jbeaulau <jbeau...@cisco.com>
Subject LDAP security realm across multiple instances
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:50:36 GMT

Geronimo: 2.1.1
JRE: 1.5.0_08-b03 - Sun Microsystems Inc.

Hello,

We have a security realm issue that we’re requesting some insight for.
Searched the forums but couldn't find same issue.

We are running multiple instances from one repository, and have configured a
server-wide LDAP security realm in one instance that successfully
authenticates for an application deployed from that instance. When
an application is configured to use that same security realm in another
instance running from the same repository, the credentials windows appears
as normal, but when valid credentials are entered in the authentication box
and committed, the box disappears as normal, but authentication fails.

The only entry in the geronimo.out log file is “mortbay.log AUTH FAILURE:
user foo”

The realm is not visible from any instance other than the originating
instance, and that is understandable, but is this a limitation with security
realms and multiple instances?

Does “server-wide” mean per instance only?

Thank you
-John