geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From kurzweil4 <ryan.dani...@gmail.com>
Subject Access Database Pool with Only Persistence.xml
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:29:12 GMT

Is it in any way possible to access a database pool defined on the server
merely by specifying a <jta-data-source> value in persistence.xml as with
other application servers? Currently, whatever value I put causes a
deployment failure.

I see that other people have the same problem as me all the time but I have
not found a definitive answer. If I understand correctly, Geronimo requires
a bunch of configuration files? Is it not possible to access the data source
with just the JEE standard files?

If I am required to create all of these config files, that kind of rules out
Geronimo for me because I have no generator to make them. I saw the
deployment plan generator in the console, but this is for an EAR not a WAR.

Thanks in advance for any help.