geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <>
Subject Re: ejb-jar.xml and EJB 3.0
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 06:49:29 GMT

zeros wrote:
> Thanks a lot. It was the solution. In the documentation which I have, the
> local and remote interfaces are shown by <remote></remote> and
> <local></local>, but substituing those by
> <business-local></business-local> and <business-remote></business-remote>
> it works perfectly.
> With tags i meant @Local and @Remote
> Thanks a lot again

Just a note.  In the latest trunk code we now fully check for this common
mistake as well as any other possible misuses of the <home>, <remote>,
<local-home>, <local>, <business-local>, and <business-remote> elements
the ejb-jar.xml.  We don't just check that the value supplied is correct,
but we also attempt to determine what you supplied and tell you the correct
element should be.  All combined there are now 44 different possible error
messages we're prepared to issue to cover the many different scenarios.

Hopefully no one else will have to loose any time to this mistake.

Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Dev mailing list archive at

View raw message