geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Joseph Leong" <josephcle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reducing the dojo footprint in Geronimo
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:37:25 GMT
I agree with you Jason and I feel 'experimental' can be casted in different
light.  Looking at it's function exclusively, it seems to be fitting our
needs and is stable from what i can see.  Having said that, i agree with
your approach Shrey - The part where you mentioned the ability to create a
custom js for the specific functionality of the monitoring console that
required particular dojox dependencies.  So that would give us the slimmest
version of what we want from DojoX and allow us to remove the rest.

As for the including the rest of DojoX, since it a significant part of the
reducing effort.  Would it make sense to build a custom js for monitoring,
remove the rest of DojoX and if the development starts shifting to a real
need for DojoX to make a decision to bring it back in the future? As pointed
out, a lot of the functionality can be and was intended to be completed with
dijit and dojo. Thoughts?

-Joseph Leong