geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Joseph Leong" <>
Subject Re: Upgrading to Dojo 1.1.1
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 17:08:27 GMT
Ok great, so now there's a starting point.  Seems the community is in favor,
so i'll start going through and inventorying what we have currently running
in what parts of AG and see if i can propose a plan for changes so the work
can be parallelize should others want to jump in.  Also, to track progress
as you were all saying.

Thanks for the input!

-Joseph Leong

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Kevan Miller <>

> On Jun 6, 2008, at 12:19 PM, Donald Woods wrote:
>  +1 for trunk.
> I was assuming trunk in my discussion.
>> Can you also move the older versions out of trunk and into the
>> geronimo/plugins branch, so people can optionally install them if their app
>> still needs them?
>> If you're wanting to also do this in branches/2.1, then we need to keep
>> the older version in the server images, so we don't break existing apps that
>> may need them and so we can warn users that we will be removing them in the
>> next release (2.2.)
> I was thinking that we could release older versions of dojo as separate
> plugins. So, if somebody wanted a "legacy" level, they could install the
> appropriate legacy dojo plugin. No reason, however, not to release the dojo
> plugin separately (rather than have the latest version included in
> server...).
> --kevan

View raw message