geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Joseph Leong" <josephcle...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrading to Dojo 1.1.1
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:04:12 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've been tossing the idea around in my head of taking the initiative to
upgrade the current items written in Dojo to 1.1.1, I know we still have
some Dojo 0.4.3, which isn't supported anymore, in use and there has been
vast improvements with their new Dijit package for widgets among many other
items.  Also, with some recently reported JIRAs about accessibility
compatibility being an issue in these Dojo components we can make use of the
a11y available in it.  Overall, i also think we might also benefit a cleaner
setup from streamlining our versions  in terms of future development and
maintenance as well.

Although I haven't looked in complete detail in each of the AG Dojo pieces,
i know that the 0.4.3 transition to 1.1.1 will take some work because the
widget system has been separated out to it's own pieces (diji) and so simple
work arounds will not do.  That is, this will be a big block change rather
than an incremental one.

Does anyone have any thoughts - one way or the other on this undertaking?

Thanks!
Joseph Leong