geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading to Dojo 1.1.1
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:14:55 GMT

On Jun 6, 2008, at 11:52 AM, Jason Warner wrote:

> Would this let us remove Dojo 0.4.3 from the server or would we keep
> it there for users who might still be using it?  If so, how long are
> we going to do that for?  My vote would be to yank it out after
> we're no longer dependent on it, but I'm not sure what the community
> at large would think of that.  Regardless, I like your idea, Joe.

IMO, we would drop 0.4.3. I don't think we maintained for backward
compatibility reasons, more because we didn't want to update the admin
console code, at that point in time.

I think it would be good to upgrade to 1.1.1. I also assume it would
replace the current 1.0.2 version? Perhaps we should consider encoding
the dojo version in the dojo path name.

I'd prefer to see this work broken down into reasonable chunks (where
possible), so that we can track progress (and others can participate).
First add /dojo-1.1.1 and start incrementally moving code over to use
new dojo. I don't know the internals of the admin console. So, not
sure how well that work breaks down into manageable chunks.

--kevan