geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/index.html ?
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 21:45:07 GMT

On Jun 9, 2008, at 2:14 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> I just re exported that GMOxSAMPLES space and now it should reflect
> the latest updates from the other spaces
>
> The idea of this space was to have consolidated in one place
> references (either links or the actual samples) for all the samples
> available for Geronimo. This idea is prior to moving all samples to
> svn or even using the templates for a consistent look and feel.
> Creating this space was simply the first step towards standardizing
> the samples.
>
> The way Confluence and the autoexport plugin works force us to run
> manual exports of certain spaces. So far, we don't have a way to get
> this automated.
>
> I would definitively not remove this space as it hold several sample
> applications. As to adding a page telling where to look, that should
> be addressed now with the manual export I just ran.
>
> Pls let me know if you still see content out of date.

The list of samples for 2.1 does not resemble

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/sample-applications.html

very closely as far as I can tell.

Instead of the link to the apparently-impossible-to-update http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/apache-geronimo-v21-samples.html

  could the top level page http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/index.html
  just have links into the 2.1 documentation for samples and tutorials?

> Maybe we should consider different alternatives to the AE plugin to
> generate a personalized HTML version. Long time ago we discussed
> about expanding Hockey Pokey functionality with Jason Dillon, can't
> really remember were we left the conversation.

I think we have more documentation and general doc infrastructure than
we can take care of, and I'd like to see us concentrate more on
correctness than size and flashy features.  Having fewer confluence
spaces with content seems to me like one place to start.

thanks
david jencks