geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: making plugins (plugins portlet) more visible in the console
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:47:27 GMT

On Jun 25, 2008, at 3:04 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Right now, the plugins portlet is not all that visible in the admin
> console (it's under Applications / Plugins). I think it would be great
> to make it more visible by creating a new "Plugins" section with
> "Install", "Export", and "Assemble Server" subsections. I already
> created three separate portlets for these plugin operations so
> rearranging things visually should be easy.

Adding to the fray... :-P

I'm not so sure that "Assemble Server" logically belongs with the
"Plugin Install" and "Plugin Export" functions. Personally, I think
it's a bit hard to find under "Plugins". I'm fine having "Plugin
Install" and "Plugin Export" under Applications.

Are we discussing this for branches/2.1 or trunk? I don't think we
should be making too many 2.1 changes. I think we could look at a good
re-org on trunk (if there's interest).

--kevan