geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: create geronimo plugin question - using admin console
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:01:40 GMT

On Jun 19, 2008, at 1:26 PM, Lin Sun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the create and install plugins portlet, we allow a user to select a
> previous deployed war module (such as com/test/hello/2.1/war) to
> export it as a plugin.   But the created plugin is a .war file instead
> of .car file.

Doesn't that happen only when the deployment plan specifies war as the
module type in the module-id?  I always thought that was a bad idea
since it would lead to the kind of confusion we now see but my opinion
did not get much traction.

I would like us to change so that any time we generate a deployment
plan we use car as the module type.

thanks
david jencks