geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading to Dojo 1.1.1
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:35:40 GMT

On Jun 6, 2008, at 12:19 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> +1 for trunk.

I was assuming trunk in my discussion.

> Can you also move the older versions out of trunk and into the
> geronimo/plugins branch, so people can optionally install them if
> their app still needs them?
>
> If you're wanting to also do this in branches/2.1, then we need to
> keep the older version in the server images, so we don't break
> existing apps that may need them and so we can warn users that we
> will be removing them in the next release (2.2.)

I was thinking that we could release older versions of dojo as
separate plugins. So, if somebody wanted a "legacy" level, they could
install the appropriate legacy dojo plugin. No reason, however, not to
release the dojo plugin separately (rather than have the latest
version included in server...).

--kevan