geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1.1
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:08:32 GMT

On Jun 9, 2008, at 12:52 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> I'm canceling this vote to address the version issues.
>
> I will do one of the following based on how things go:
> - Don't specify a G version in the plugin (as is the case now) and
> include artifact-alias entries to resolve Geronimo dependencies ...
> hopefully resulting in a plugin that can be installed on any
> Geronimo 2.1* server (it will probably be "installable" on 2.0*
> servers as well but I suspect the installation would fail).

wouldn't this require knowing all possible future geronimo versions?
I think a more plausible alternative would be coming up with a
"compatibility plugin" that has the aliases to convert from one g.
version to another, and checking that this plugin will install on a
2.1.2-SNAPSHOT and possibly 2.2-SNAPSHOT server that already has such
a compat-plugin installed.

So, while I'm not sure any changes are needed in this plugin, I think
it would be a good idea to make sure we do have a path to running it
in later servers.

I'm also fine with the 1.0 version on it.

thanks
david jencks