geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: EditableConfigurationManager.removeGBeanFromConfiguration()
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 23:22:14 GMT

On Jun 6, 2008, at 3:38 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know why the
> EditableKernelConfigurationManager.removeGBeanFromConfiguration()
> marks the gbean with load="false" instead of actaully deleting it from
> the config store?

I think the (possibly fuzzy) thinking behind this was that there might
be configuration you didn't want to erase, you just didn't want the
gbean to be running.

I'm not a fan of adding/removing gbeans from existing configs, so I
don't think I'd object if you changed this behavior.

> I was adding and removing network connectors using the console and I
> saw the gbean added to the config.xml when I added a new connector.
> However, when I deleted the connector via the console, the gbean in
> the config.xml just got marked with load="false" attribute. So, I was
> wondering if there is a reason for it.
> And on a related note, when I stopped the connector the gbean for it
> got stopped but that information was not persisted in config.xml and
> on server restart the stopped connector started again.

this doesn't sound right.

thanks
david jencks