geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Shrey Banga" <banga.sh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reducing the dojo footprint in Geronimo
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 07:09:33 GMT
Dojo does have a builder which can parse the dojo tree to create a single
.js that is compressed and can be included with the webapp. Although this is
intended for the purpose of speeding up webpages and avoiding lock up of
resources while all the js is loaded, it can be used similarly for the
purpose of the monitor console so that dojox can be removed from the
repository and the .js that has been built can be included with the monitor.
I think this would be a better approach than manually fishing out the
required js. This should be the approach any geronimo user intending to use
dojox features should use as they are bound to change in further releases.
As Lin Sun pointed out, we shouldn't really be using the experimental
features anyway. As and when these features are accommodated in the
dojo/dijit components we can include them too.

--
Shrey Banga
Bachelor of Technology, III year