geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/index.html ?
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 23:54:37 GMT

On Jun 9, 2008, at 4:02 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> On Jun 9, 2008, at 2:14 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>>> I just re exported that GMOxSAMPLES space and now it should
>>> reflect the latest updates from the other spaces
>>>
>>> The idea of this space was to have consolidated in one place
>>> references (either links or the actual samples) for all the
>>> samples available for Geronimo. This idea is prior to moving all
>>> samples to svn or even using the templates for a consistent look
>>> and feel. Creating this space was simply the first step towards
>>> standardizing the samples.
>>>
>>> The way Confluence and the autoexport plugin works force us to run
>>> manual exports of certain spaces. So far, we don't have a way to
>>> get this automated.
>>>
>>> I would definitively not remove this space as it hold several
>>> sample applications. As to adding a page telling where to look,
>>> that should be addressed now with the manual export I just ran.
>>>
>>> Pls let me know if you still see content out of date.
>> The list of samples for 2.1 does not resemble
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/sample-applications.html
>> very closely as far as I can tell.
>
> because it is not supposed to do so, it's supposed to list all
> (mostly children pages) sample applications available for Geronimo
> organized by release.

Looks like my browser was caching an old version, reloading the page
looks more like what I expect.  I still think two links directly into
the 2.1 docs will be more maintainable than a page in the samples
space that will require re-export anytime we add/remove a sample or
tutorial.

thanks
david jencks