geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Web Service support in GEP
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:21:11 GMT
This is not a problem with Axis2. Axis2 supports everything that we
need for Java EE 5. The problem is that support for web services in
the current WTP is very Axis2 specific (e.g. generates Axis2 specific
deployment descriptors) and is not very JAX-WS aware (e.g. does not
rely on annotations to generate proper wsdl).
So, yes, we'll need to determine if and when WTP will provide support
for JAX-WS but we will also need to know if it will become more Java
EE 5 aware. That is, instead of generating proprietary deployment
descriptors it generate Java EE 5 deployment descriptors (web.xml,
webservices.xml) so that web services developed with WTP can be
deployed on any app server that supports Java EE 5. But maybe that's
something we will need to do.

Jarek