geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <jaydmch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reducing the dojo footprint in Geronimo
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:26:02 GMT
I have thought about this a lot (since I have become very accustomed to
having Dojo 'just be there').

And the consensus (or at least what appears to be becoming the
consensus) of only including what is needed for the admin console is
probably the best idea.  Especially since the installed size of Dojo has
ballooned from around 6Meg to around 22Meg.

Along with this, we should probably also drop the 'dojo-legacy' plugin
(as soon as the work to upgrade to using the 1.1.x version of Dojo is
completed).  And we should provide a plugin for the full Dojo install.
It is easy enough to provide and will help those who have gotten used to
having Dojo 'just be there' - upgrade with a minimum of pain.

Jay