geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject [VOTE] Server Repository plugin for Geronimo 2.1+ (rc3)
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:49:55 GMT
I've prepared a third release candidate for the Server Repository
plugin.  This candidate corrects the geronimo-plugin.xml and
geronimo-plugins.xml issue regarding the open source license.

The rationale for the plugin remains the same:
As a result of some discussion on GERONIMO-2814
[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2814] it was suggested
that we create a plugin to facilitate adding a second repository to
Geronimo.  This is of particular value when running multiple Geronimo
server instances from a single Geronimo installation.

I have created a very simple plugin for this purpose.  For more
information on how this might be leveraged reference
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/multiple-repositories.html

Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/plugins/server-repo/

Staging site:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-site/plugins/server-repo/1.0/index.html

The svn location is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/server-repo/tags/server-repo-1.0

Repository for plugin install (same as staging repo):
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/plugins/server-repo/
    - From the console navigation to Plugins
    - select Add Repository
    - paste in my staging repo listed above:
    - click Add
    - Select the newly added repository from the drop down list
    - click "Show Plugins in selected repository"
    - You should see just this plugin in the list and you can install it
from there.

The vote is open for 72 hours and will conclude on Friday (6/27) at
6:00PM ET.

[ ] +1  Release the server-repo plugin
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release the server-repo plugin

Joe