geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Server Respository plugin for Geronimo 2.1+ - RC2
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:41:28 GMT
Hernan Cunico wrote:
> Joe Bohn wrote:
>> Lin Sun wrote:
>>> Hi Joe, any plan to update the multi-repo documentation to instruct
>>> users to install the sample plugin instead of deploy the
>>> server-repo.xml file manually?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Lin
>>>

>> Yes, I was planning to update the doc to include the installing the
>> plugin once it was released.  However, I was thinking of keeping the
>> manual process as well .... still hadn't decided on that yet.
>>
>> Joe
>>
> I would suggest we keep the manual process and then document the server
> repo plugin as part of the sample apps (which are all plugins(*)). Then
> we can reference to that section from the existing doc

No objection to keeping the manual process per say ... but this is not a
sample.  Rather, it is a per server repository which can be used without
any modification by the end user.  I think the description should remain
independent of the samples.

> (*) should we call the sample apps section sample plugins to give it a
> more representative title?

I think it would be a mistake to change the title from apps to plugins.
  They are still applications as well as plugins and a user looking for
a sample will intuitively look for a sample application as the term
plugin might not have any meaning to them.